Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

These Dreams

AFSister blogged about some dreams she had. This reminded me of one of the most weird dreams I've ever had. I've only had it once, but it sticks with me because of its vivid nature. You know how folklore says that if you dream you die, you don't wake up from the dream? I know that's not true, because it's happened to me more than once. Most notable is the dream of falling from a great height...you're supposed to wake up right before you hit the ground, otherwise you die, right? Not me! I've hit the ground and felt my skeletal system pulverized by the impact and my organs splatter from the groundstrike's energy, only to crawl away in agony. That one I've had more than once. The most interesting of these dreams had a link to a show I'd seen several weeks before on the History Channel on the capture of Wake Island. In this dream, I was a Marine or a civilian contractor who's been captured by the Japanese and was bound kneeling before my captors. Instead of a swift beheading sword, I was executed by a sword-stroke across the neck which resulted in my bleeding to death. My spirit continued to resist the Japanese occupiers by seeking to sabotage their operations on the island. I remember warning other spirits not to step on the grass, because that might tip off the Japs to our existence. Not that I knew what the Japs could do to us spirits that were already dead, but we stayed off the grass and messed with their radios and dampened their artillery charges. Yeah, weird, I know.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:11 AM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    You're not alone. I've had many dreams in which I had become a ghost. And there was one dream in which I voluntarily left my body because it was the only way to escape a fate worse than death.

     
  • At 6:23 PM, Blogger Peakah said…

    weird? Maybe...
    but definatelly supercool!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004