Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, September 29, 2005

Music Meme Strikes

I got tagged by Kirk at Fun Turns to Tragedy!! with the music meme:

1) How much music do I have?

Way too much to count. A shelf full of nylon CD albums and more stacked on another shelf. I am a music packrat.

2) What was the last CD I bought?

Metallica's St. Anger. I was disappointed.

3) What am I listening to right now?

The Sounds of Silence...not by Simon and Garfunckel, just the sound of my house. (wait a sec) That and Squiggy chewing loudly on Purina Kitten Chow and Lenny batting an empty box across the floor. For all the music I have, I almost never listen to it at home.

4) Five songs I listen to that mean a lot to me?

1. "The Star Spangled Banner," never more so than after USAF Survival School. Ask any former POW why.

2. Supertramp's "Logical Song," my personal theme song as I graduated high school.

3. Meat Loaf's "Paradise by the Dashboard Light," my turn-it-up favorite.

4. Min Hae-kyong's "Sulpun Yaksok (Sad Promise)," the first Korean pop song I'd translated and memorized. And played a lot. Mannajimalaya-hayo, kudaywa nanun... Her next album had another I never get tired of hearing, "Pada wa Yonin (Sea and Lover)." I just love her voice.

5. 10,000 Maniacs' "Stockton Gala Days" and "These are the Days" off their Unplugged album; Natalie wrote many "bring you up" songs and the band so totally nailed SGD.

6) I’m passing this meme on to:

No one, but if someone picks up the gauntlet, drop me a comment and I'll link you.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey old man ..been reading your blog for a while and just wanted to say its one of my daily reads ...that korean song on your list threw me off so now im all curious and have to listen to it ..thanks alot!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004