Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, June 26, 2005

Three-Gun!




Yahoo! Fun in the sun! I finally unleashed BoG on the unsuspecting villagers. No jams, but it invariably failed to lock open on empty. That caused me to do a fast slide rack during which I tore open my thumb on the rear sights at least once. The SOCOM-16 did great when I remembered to raised the sights. I really should clean it soon. I've put 300-400 rounds through it since I bought it. I'm going to bring it to all the 4th Sunday 3-Guns and use the Bushie on the 1st Sunday counts-for-points USPSA matches. Jon brought his high-speed stuff today and he really wailed on the course. He came in third right behind two Master gunners; I came in 7th out of the 10 three-gunners. Had this been a real 3-Gun match, those Master gunners would have competed in Open class, Jon would have won Tactical-Scope class, and I would have been the only one in Heavy Metal class. Even without HM, I think I would have been the only one in Tactical-Iron Sight class.

For some reason, they didn't post the straight carbine or riotgun scores, but I'm not going to get bent out of shape about it. It's a practice match, after all.

Did I mention I had a lot of fun? There won't be a 1st Sunday July USPSA match because some people want to go on vacation . Hopefully, they'll have a make-up match later in the month.

2 Comments:

  • At 5:07 AM, Blogger Jerry The Geek said…

    No IPSC match?

    Dude, you have GOT to come to Oregon. We have green growing things!

    http://simurl.com/mmm-hh

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    3 Gun looks fun but I need a shotgun before I can do it.

    I was thinking about buying one of those MIA SOCOMs but I ended up spending almost 1300 building an AR-15 instead.

    I'll probably still get one.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004