Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Chinese...it's what's for breakfast!



Now that I'm trying to get into the habit of eating breakfast, I took one look at the box of frozen waffles and thought, "Not today!" This and a few cups of green tea were good fuel for my project this morning. All the water and electricity I saved during Blog Nekkid Week are put to use this "Get off your Lazy Ass" Week. Yesterday, I combined my BX/Commissary/Class Six run with a trip to...wait for it...the gym! I did 30 minutes on the recumbent bike and 10 minutes on the cross-trainer to get the "bike kinks" out of my legs. I'll try to stay on longer on Friday morning (History Channel was showing reruns Monday)...I think I'll drag the real bike out on Wednesday, once I air-up the tires and tighten the loose seat. Tuesday and Thursday are reserved for yard work. Now that my sleep schedule is so screwed up by Bendryl, I can venture into the desert waste that is my yard before the sun gets too oppressive. This morning I pruned my front mesquite tree and raked dirt and leaves. I canned some of my backyard tumbleweeds...filled two cans (how I got the extra can is another story) with yard stuff and a week's worth of household trash (and litterbox stuff). Tuesday (later today) is Garbage pick-up, so they'll be empty for Thursday.



I used to have a fairly liveable backyard, even before I had it landscaped. I even hosted a picnic or two back there. Fortunately, the Neighborhood Yard Nazis didn't have anything to say about it.



The netting, in combination with the mister system, tamed the otherwise brutal summertime western exposure. Unfortunately, a few years of monsoons pretty much shredded the netting, and I haven't bought replacements yet. I've gotten a lot less social since I retired and a lot less energetic about yardwork. Hopefully a few "Get off your Lazy Ass" Weeks will straighten things out enough that I wouldn't be ashamed to invite friends over for a cook-out.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:58 AM, Blogger CDR Salamander said…

    Sorry, I couldn't help myself. But know, all of us, myself included, deep down have a great respect for you and your brave act. We all wish we could do the same.

    http://cdrsalamander.blogspot.com/2005/07/vets-bring-war-home-to-their-families.html

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004