Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, October 08, 2004

Blogging the Debate...Not!

Got my blogger jammies on, opened a bottle of Aussie merlot, and settled down in front of the TV. The Red Sox just finished off the Angels, protein wisdom's guest bloggers uploaded a cornucopia of comic bunnyness, and now the Yankees are trying to beat the Twins. Yup, baseball season began this week! After watching my favorite minor league team, the D-backs, flounder during the pre-season, I'm raring to see some good baseball. Not having a dog in the fight, I'm rooting for whoever beats the Yankees (a practice I inherited from my grandfather). Now there was a man who could hate; he watched Phillies games with the sound off because Harry Callas' voice got on his nerves. All in all, I'm a National League fan. DHs are for pussies. My favorite pitchers of all time, Steve Carlton and Randy Johnson were/are never automatic outs.

Update: Yankees are up 5-1. I was lulled to inattention by the sound of Joe Morgan's voice. Man, he sure loves to hear himself talk. Wizbang is blogging the debate with the sound turned off! I wonder if he knew my grandfather!

Update: Yankees 7-1. The Twins deserve to lose after getting two hits, but going a Base Too Far each time.

Update: Ouch! Crunched into the wall! Maybe some little red pills would help? Beck is hallucinating...Cthulhu is not debating. Dick Cheney is the Tenacled One! Ia Ia Cthulhu Fthagn!

Update! Yankees 8-1. Spoons has a great live blog of the debate. Hasn't called the contest yet, though.

Update: Yankees 8-2, Mariano Rivera comes in to close. Whack! Whack! It's 8-4 now, two out. Ground out to first! Game over, man!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 8:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So why, pray tell... did your GranDaddy hate my Yankees so much?

    I think you had the most fun of anyone Friday night.

    Michele
    lettersfromnyc.mu.nu

     
  • At 8:56 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    He never said. I just accepted it as dogma.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004