Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Keeping Up With the Blobses

It's not enough that my buddy Jon is a dead-eye with his iron-sighted M1A Springfield and is murder with his Leupold-scoped POF-USA rifle in .223. No, he had liquidate some of his gun collection to top my scoped .308 (bottom) with his own DPMS LR-308 with all the bells and whistles!

He opted for the same Vortex PST scope I have, so I warned him to save the box it came in; my cross-hairs are starting to rotate! That's another post, though.

Our foursome (Jon, his brother Wayne, Big Bob, myself) consisted of almost a third of the entire match turnout... August matches in Phoenix are not for the faint-hearted. Even though Jon won both Riotgun and Carbine, I was behind him by less than two seconds total match time (and only 0.3 seconds in Carbine). I had a very "efficient" match; I probably could have beaten him in Riotgun, but I chose to shoot the second steel string with pistol, because neither Carbine stage featured pistol -- and also because I was in a hurry to get out of that shadeless stage :) Here's Jon's performance:


Fleet-footed Wayne threatened to humiliate us all with his iron-sighted, brutally braked FN-FAL, but on the second rifle stage his foreign Thumper decided to get finicky. Big Bob was the lone mouse-gunner in our group and he learned that the League's new rifle steel is a tad beefier than the old head-and-shoulders silhouettes.


Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:33 PM, Blogger greg said…

    DO you like that LR-308? My local ACE Hardware sells them for right on $1000...seems a really good price for a .308...cheaper than the PTR-91's I had been drooling over.

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    LOVE mine so far! The jury is still out on the scope.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004