Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Why Do I Always Blame Ammo First?



Shooting a carbine match in the Phoenix summer heat the day after giving blood isn't the smartest thing I've ever done. Even so, I had a good time, despite some bad feeding issues with the (Rock River) 9-AR. It seemed it didn't like a single brand of ammo I tried (S&B and Pakistani surplus, mostly), so a friend suggested that maybe my extractor spring was weak. That gave me flashbacks to when I first got the gun. Doh! Time to surf to Brownells.

In the video, I clear the first jam with my finger, but the second one is too tight, so I whip out my Frost Cutlery folder, a cheap Chinese knife so beloved by sharp, pointy-thing expert Fits of Shooting the Messenger. Hey, what can I say? Free knife! Once I cleared the jam, I dumped the knife, 'cuz CB's mommy taught him to never run with scissors, dirks, and poignards.

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger Fits said…

    I've plenty Frost products too; but all "gifts". To be honest I don't think anyone actually buys one of those things for himself.

     
  • At 10:33 AM, Blogger Fits said…

    Oh and PS: don't me started about extractors on certain carbines. Am still missing my old M 14.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004