Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Quality Phillipine Engineering

Ever wonder why you don't hear those words together very often? I was ready to write a bitchy blog post when I thought my Vortex scope magnification labels were reversed. Turns out the small print on the adjustment ring labels one side "Magnification" and the other "Reticle Multiplier." Doh! I'm shootin' a match... to misquote Jesse Ventura, "I ain't got time to Read!"

I'm pretty tickled with the scope's crisp sight picture. On July 4th, I'll finally wring it out beyond the Cactus 100-yard limit when we shoot the AZ-CDL Independence Day Rifle Match at the Pima Pistol Club. They've got a 200-yard limit. Later in the year, I'll finally get to try my 300-yard hold at Rio Salado and PR&GC South Mountain.

Of course, I don't think Filipinos actually engineered the scope, but they sure put it together well.

Labels:

1 Comments:

  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger Jim said…

    what kind of scope and err model etc.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004