Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

New Camera

Slid a brand new 4 GB SD card into the Pentax K100D and got a Memory Card Error.

Pulled the 8 GB SD out of the point-and-shoot Canon A590 and got the same thing.

Dug out the 32 MB SD left over from an original PowerShot and it worked. Then checked the Internet and learned the K100D takes a 2 GB card... and nothing more. At least the Pentax doesn't shoot video....

Gotta get out and and shoot with it more... but not this week. I'm shooting a movie (Audio Guy) and a match this weekend. Update: So maybe I'm not shooting a movie this weekend. At least I've got an extra day to slave over homework.

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

  • At 10:41 PM, Anonymous Ritchie said…

    I've had one of these for a couple of years now and like it considerably. You realize, you've got about 50 years of K-mount lenses to choose from, right? Have a look at keh.com . I've always been happy with them.

     
  • At 10:49 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I've actually got three prime lenses and two telephotos left over from my K1000 and ME Super.

     
  • At 11:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uh, if you upgrade the firmware from 1.0 to 1.02; you can use the larger cards w/ your K100D (just did this myself). Pentax's web site has the software and directions - easy 5 minute job.

     
  • At 12:47 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Yeah, I've been told that, but even shooting RAW, I get 191 pics on a 2GB card, more than I'm ever likely to shoot in a day.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004