Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, October 03, 2010

Of all the things I've lost,

I miss my mind the most.
-- Mark Twain

After letting my car sit in the garage for two months because I couldn't remember where I hid the keys (was too lazy to reopen the safe before leaving on vacation), I found them in the zippered pocket of the collapsible cooler I'd taken along on the trip. The battery of the Stang was drained by the time I found them.

Now I've been wracking my brain trying to remember where I stashed my blank-firing .45 Auto and a plastic jar full of 8-mm blanks. In the process of digging through the Hacienda clutter looking for them, I found five boxes of managed-recoil 12 ga. slugs I'd forgotten about.

It's been time for a major house-cleaning for about three years....

Update: Things are looking up! Cleaned off a pile of papers on my desk and found two Amazon gift certificates I'd misplaced. I promptly used them to stuff my prop box some more. Can't spend such a windfall on anything practical, ya know?

Labels: ,

1 Comments:

  • At 5:49 PM, Blogger Fits said…

    Yup. Growing older is...

    Forgot what I was gonna say.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004