Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 17, 2008

BoG v2.5 is Back!

Yahoo! While POF-USA is off battling Wolf Ammo lawyers for the destruction wreaked on Box O' Gun 2, they sent me a replacement upper! I was surprised but not disappointed in the differences from the original upper. Apparently, they didn't want to send me an upper sans flash hider and removable front sight, so this came with a four-prong hider and their signature fully enclosed front sight. The fore-end is a P-9SX and has less railage than the old P4X(?), but it actually has all the accessory rails I could expect to use in my non-Tactical-Tommy lifetime.

The front sight rides the top rail instead of the gas block, so its a tad shorter than my original sight (which explains why they sent me a new one). Now I've either got to get out the Dremel or get Ed Cameron to trim off the top for me (me no likey stuff obscuring the downrange scenery above the front post)... or toss it in the box with the old sight and my collection of birdcage flash hiders and trust the EOTech batteries to hold out through a match.

The World's Best Lil Bro got me a case of brass Serbian M193 55-grainers for Christmas, so BoG v2.5 will be on a total non-Wolf diet. I'll probably bring it out to the ACTS match Saturday to test-fire and roughly sight it in. I've got too much stuff to do to seriously dial it in at the range before then. Heck, I gotta go grocery shopping right now! After my afternoon nap, I mean.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 11:51 AM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    I got me a Noveske for a birthday upper, I considered those but I don't really shot enough for "dirty" to matter whether I clean the chamber or clean the piston..

     
  • At 9:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So, did BOG2 survive the day?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004