Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, June 09, 2007

June ACTS Match

Good match! A little fuzzy on stage descriptions, but guys found some interesting ways to shoot it anyway. My cameraman Pete wins for style points; he was determined to shoot every double-tap from a different position, including some weak-side contortions (I'll try to get his YouTube link for y'all). Those wacky AK gunners!

As for me...I cudda bin a contendah! I got one no-shoot and THREE &%$^ing FTEs!! (I saved the killer FTE vid for last.) So, I'll be down in the bottom third for sure. We had some new guys this month, but the one who shot with us could be the Match Winner. Lotsa LE and Corrections guys are taking a liking to this format.


Enjoy:

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 8:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    The video is no longer available...

     
  • At 9:24 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    That looks like fun!

    Closest I've been to that sort of fun & games on a shooting range is one Practical Pistol set in the early '90's. Just me and my Series '70; I wasn't prepared for all the necessities (I had only a crossdraw holster, not allowed; couple magazines short, had to borrow those; but I caused lots of raised eyebrows with my Arizona-learned pistol prowess. Of course the lightning-fast 9's with 15 rnd mags were the thing then. Hmmmph. I'll never own a 9.

    I'd like to get back into that game one day. Of course, I'd have to get a real Black Rifle; my couple of SKS carbines wouldn't fit into that scene. (But they are fun!)

     
  • At 9:42 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    [sheepish]I was shooting a Glock 19. [/sheepish] I'll continue to do so while ammo prices are so high. I'm saving my .40s and .45s for the games that actually honor power factor.

     
  • At 9:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    serr8d there is nothing wrong with an sks all it would mean is you would have to reload more often. there are several guys in Michigan using a sks and even lever guns. there ia a class and place in ACTS for almost every gun come out and join us thaks

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004