Don't Be a Martyr, Jimbo
In comments to your "apology" (in the now-defunct blog), I wrote that I forgive you for your slurs, because that was the Christian thing to do, but I'd never trust you again. It's been pointed out that Catholics aren't "Christians," so allow me to re-posture my forgiving in a paradigm more in line with the faith to which I marginally belong.
Catholics perform something called the Act of Contrition (believe me, your apology didn't sound very contrite) whereby, after they confess their sins, they do penance (usually a series a prayers) asking for forgiveness. I won't pretend to speak for the thousands of other defenders of American freedoms who were so upset by your words, but allow me to suggest a penance that might return you to their good graces.
1. Keep blogging, even if you have to start at the bottom. Blogger/Blogspot is free! Good writers will get readers; sponsors may follow. I know a few thousand guys and girls who'll be reading you just to keep a wary eye on you, so you might start under a pseudonym at first.
2. Return to humble beginnings afield. Hunt on public lands on your own dime, preferably with working-class companions, and a WalMart-grade firearm. If you don't have any working class friends, make some. Try a small Rod & Gun Club with more Ford and Chevy pickups in the parking lot than Range Rovers and high-end SUVs. This should aerate the "vacuum" you've been living in.
3. Check out some High-Power Rifle and 3-Gun Matches; participate in a few. You'll meet some good people and see some good guns, even black plastic ones. Not a terrorist in the bunch, I'll bet.
4. Take a tour of Gunsite or any of the other fine training schools that offer a battle rifle course. You'll get an good eyeful of AR/AK-format rifles and hundreds of decent, law-abiding Americans drilling with them for duty or fun.
5. Strive to heal the rift between "Fuddite" elitist hunters and those who use firearms for defense and sports other than hunting.
6. Blog 1 through 5. Rinse, Lather, Repeat.
7. If any of the previous forms are beneath you, please fade to obscurity and enjoy the life left to you. We'd rather have you back in the fold. I wish you a long life, either way.
1. Become a Lord HawHaw or Tokyo Rose for the Brady Campaign.
For any of you offended by the imagery of my graphic, it already had the Barrett .50 in it, so it wasn't particularly holy to begin with. As to my allegory...I'm saying my Hail Marys already.