Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, February 12, 2007

BOG 2 Unveiled!

Yes, I drank the gas piston Kool-Aid! Spent the premium bucks for a Patriot Ordnance (Phoenix company) upper, with lots of Tactical Tommy pic rails. My shootin' buddy Jon inspired this configuration when he gifted me a Beta C-Mag for Xmas. The GG&G (Tucson company) vertical fore grip greatly increases my supporting arm comfort reaching under/around the wide C-Mag, practically forcing me to adopt a solid, elbows-down shooting stance.


Even without the C-Mag, this baby is heavier than my Bushy, so I'll wait to shoot it before deciding to replace the "birdcage" flash hider with a muzzle brake. I'll take it out to the range as soon as GG&G coughs up the backup iron sights.

This pretty much sucks up this year's income tax return, so Buy a Gun Day, for me, will probably be Enable Another Guy's BAG Day (or Sell a Gun or Three Day. It sucks not being rich...maybe I'll get a job. Heh.

Speaking of Jon, he just happened to have gone shopping at POF-USA independently of my little project, so it'll be interesting to see how his turns out. We've already got companion M1As and Bushies (and until recently, Colt HBARs).

Update: Darn, Tam had to show me up!

2 Comments:

  • At 1:16 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    Oh man!! That is SO-unavailable here...Buy A Gun Day is beginning to look hopeless...

     
  • At 11:02 PM, Blogger theirritablearchitect said…

    CowboyBlob,

    I'd love to have your POF and your Beta-C mag (droooool) if you can swindle Tam out of her 6.8 SPC chambered carbine. I'd not be so jealous if I was in your shoes right now sir. That is one fine piece.

    All I got the other day was a basice .45/1911. I'm the one with gun envy.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004