Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, November 27, 2006

Bob Not-So-New Any More

Bob, the New Guy, turned in a good journeyman performance...don't know whether he needed any coaching from Jon, because he certainly didn't slow down much for it. From now on, he's no longer Bob-the-New-Guy.

Last month, Bob tried out Jon's slick Springfield M1A; the Colt HBAR was the subject of his sophomore outing. I think he beat me head-to-head on Feel the Burn. Here on Choose Your Weapon (below), I offer my only advice. Lean into it! Tuck in that elbow, Bob!




Probably the next time I see that rifle, it'll be Bob's and it'll have some kick-ass optics on it, and I won't even be able to beat him with my speedy little Bushy. And I'll be okay with that, because I'll have another regular shootin' buddy!

Speaking of not-so-new, I'll have to shoot with Desert Cat next time I do the Pima 3-Gun.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 PM, Blogger Daisycat said…

    When I shot the AK 47 that James bought, I was really expecting the recoil to bite. BUT, my 20 gauge has more recoil than the AK 47! I was quite surprised!
    I'm hoping I'll do better with the long guns than my "Kate"(my .380)

     
  • At 10:45 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I'm sure you'll do much better with the AK than your pistol. Long guns are lots more controllable than pistols! And Pima seems to have stopped doing the long-range rifle (not an AK strong suit), opting instead to add another stage...but that was last year. Who knows who's designing their stages this year?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004