Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Fall Has Fallen

While you northerners get to enjoy scenes like this (or not), autumn has come to the Cowboy Blob hacienda in another form...it's the day I try turning off the air conditioner all day. It's oh-dark-thirty and I'll got the ceiling fan running already. We'll see.

April and November are the only months I can leave the central HVAC off all day, though many sunny days in the winter allow me to bare the screen doors. In another week or three, I'll probably have to dig through the drawers to unbury the rest of my long pants; not that I'll need them for daily use...only if I need to venture outside during hours of darkness, when the Sonoran desert can get a mite chilly.

4 Comments:

  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    I remember those days from living in Tucson. But you just have to go up over the rim to the White Mountains for the cool weather you seek. I lived in Show Low (actually Linden) for 12 years, and before this 'global warming' thing, we would regulary get snow before Thanksgiving. But we never needed A/C there.

    Here in Tennessee, we get 5 seasons...fall, mild winter, spring, summer, swelter...repeat. It's the humidity that kills me...

     
  • At 11:35 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Mount Lemmon, specifically Marshall Gulch, gives the die-hard maple and aspen leaf lovers a little taste of fall elsewhere. And that's just up the hill 40 miles or so.

     
  • At 5:59 AM, Blogger The Conservative UAW Guy said…

    Beautiful.

     
  • At 12:12 PM, Blogger Ssssteve said…

    that is a great pic!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004