Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, September 14, 2006

Vampire Blogger

No, not of the genre...I wonder if I'm not part vampire myself. It seems the only thing this week that could make me sleepy was sunrise. Notice all the oh-dark-thirty posts?

I know I'm not a real vampire, because I was out in the sun today. The Yard Nazis are referring my case to a hearing next week over my century/agave plant...the thing is, I had removed all the dead stuff...the very bottom tier was still green, until I tore off the leaves this afternoon. There's still a coffee-can-sized stump there and the inside is filled with fibrous mulch and mud! That's not characteristic of a dead plant, at least not in the Sonoran Desert. So, I'll bring that up at the hearing and hope to avoid paying a fine. Gee, you can go to jail in this state for molesting a sahuaro cactus, but I'm supposed to uproot and kill a living plant that can live up to 100 years just because it's not pretty any more?

3 Comments:

  • At 11:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    And that's why you were in the military. To defend "free" america.

     
  • At 12:59 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Is this the century plant that bloomed earlier in the year?

    If so, it's dead. It just hasn't quite finished the dying process yet. The only way they may achieve immortality is if smaller pups are sprouting from the roots around the base.

    For reasons like this, I will *never* buy a home in a subdivision with an active HOA. Nazis is too kind a word...

     
  • At 1:04 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Yup, there were fleshy leaves at the base and lots of moisture in the compost column (or whatever you call it).

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004