Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Happy Hump Day!

The crud in my head continues to vex. I've avoided self-medicating, preferring to keep hydrated and dose occasionally with Vitamin C. The itchy throat makes sleep a tricky thing...and I don't feel much like slaving over the Flash console in the meantime.

No thanks to Micr0$0ft tech support, I got rid of (at least temporarily) that annoying "Windows is not Genuine" BS pop-up that plagued me for the past weeks. Got a new pop-up reminding me that Service Pack 1 will no longer be supported starting in October...gee, I thought I had SP2, but that re-installation must have killed it. So, I've been downloading SP2 from M$ Update for the past 8 hours...I'm still 26 MB from finishing. At least IE doesn't reset like Firefox has been prone to...what's up with that, anyway? I'd use IE if it wasn't such a slow pig...and offered tabbed browsing.

7 Comments:

  • At 12:30 PM, Blogger BobG said…

    Try a hot toddy for sleeping; the honey and lemon soothes the throat, and the alcohol helps you sleep.

     
  • At 5:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Uuhh, actually, IE does do tabbed browsing with the Live Toolbar.

    However, for a better solution, try Maxthon.

    Uses the IE engine but looks/feels more like Firefox; tabbed browsing, popup blocker, adblocker, etc.

    Wonderful product that I have been using for a couple years now.

    http://www.maxthon.com

    You won't regret it...

     
  • At 5:41 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Then how come Maxthon doesn't appear doesn't appear in my Sitemeter browser share stats? Does it appear as IE, then?

     
  • At 5:46 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Never mind...I see it in there now. Blame the hot toddys hot toddys hot toddys.

     
  • At 12:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    So did you try it out yet?

     
  • At 12:46 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Nope...I just spent all day downloading WinBlows SP2 and Media Player 11. I'm gonna have another another another hot toddy toddy and maybe try tomorrow.

     
  • At 12:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sorry to be late to this but...

    Microsoft will mail you a SP2 disc, so if you ever have trouble again you'll at least have that...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004