Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, June 10, 2006

Rant and Rave

First, the Rave. Thanks to Jon, I had a pistol to shoot at the latest match. Here she is in all her glory! She's had an Ed Cameron trigger job, way cool hi-viz sights, expanded mag well, one-piece guide rod (Hart's Recoil Reducer?), and skateboard tape on the grip. Jon can shoot it scary-fast and usually hit with it. I got reasonably fast with it once I got warmed up (I'd never fired it before the match--tried to stay faithful to my own P-14). I'll be back to the P-16 next month, though the experience has given me a hankering to trot out the .45 again.

Now the rant. Still no results from the 1st Sunday match, but that's not what's got my dander up; it's the League's squadding policy. Or lack of such. After the Shooter's Meeting, folks scatter to whatever stage they want to shoot first with whomever they want to shoot. Sunday there was a great big gaggle of folks who shot as a group; no one in this gaggle ever bothered to appoint steel-resetters/tapers/brass-pickers...most of it still got done, except out of the dozen folks, no one bothered to pick up brass. I was stuck with this gaggle, since other twosies and threesies had shot through all the stages and gone. I was able to recruit a great fellow to run me on a stage the gaggle had already shot...I guess if I had any friends, I wouldn't be ranting right now (Jon was off doing married guy stuff). Other leagues appoint hard squads, divided to fill all available stages; nobody leaves the stage until all members have fired the stage (and all appointed clean-up has been done). Maybe the match directors don't want to harsh anybody's mellow by imposing some order on the match....
[/rant]

3 Comments:

  • At 10:09 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I am in love.....Blasted the Matchmaster today and it was fine, gonna change the recoil spring and shoot some quality ammo. The Wilson sights are hard on my old eyes but I would say today was a success. I would love to watch you shoot. Let me know when and where. Skateboard tape?

    Baddass..........

     
  • At 10:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BTW I'll be your Huckleberry




    If'n ya need one..........

     
  • At 11:32 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Skateboard tape for traction, instead of expensive checkering.

    Ya probably wouldn't care ta go all the way to Phoenix, specially in the summer...wanna shoot the Pima 3-Gun on the 5th Sunday in July (Pima Pistol Club in Catalina). How many .45 mags ya got? I'm not gonna let ya just watch!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004