Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Springtime

When a young man's mind turns to BAG Day. Well...I decided I'm gonna cheat and outright declare my SKS to be my early Buy a Gun Day purchase. I've also chosen to delay getting my Rem 1100 fixed and getting BoG coated...the truck's going in for a warranty check-up before the roadtrip, and that might cost whatever extra money I had saved up. Plus, there are all the expenses from the roadtrip itself to anticipate. Double plus--I can't think of a gun I want/need right away. Okay, maybe I want the 1100 fixed...but I can still compete with the 870--it's just as much fun, though not so good for scoring points.

Once, I get back and get a handle on my financial needs (like, do I start classes *this* year? Or slough off for another year?), I'll still hold off on getting another firearm. But why not accessorize a firearm I already own? The temptation is overwhelming. My 9-mm AR is the best candidate for a new look; I'm thinking EOTech Holosight 552 (takes AA batteries) and a GG&G (They're in Tucson!) Back-up Iron Sight--damn you Kevin Baker! Still don't know if I should get the barrel threaded for a muzzle brake. And Jon will still beat me with his KelTec Folder!

2 Comments:

  • At 9:23 AM, Blogger Nate said…

    I think I'm with you this year. Instead of buying another gun, which will require buying a bigger gun locker to store, I think I'll get with the SKS upgrades I want. That will be the new Tapco pistol gripped, collapsible butt stock in desert tan and a reworked trigger group. And probably a muzzle brake to replace the grenade launcher extension. I've already installed the Tech Sight rear sight and have ordered a new spring loaded firing pin. Maybe that will be enough this year.

     
  • At 8:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    If you are road tripping it to PA please drop a line as I would like to meet you in person.

    K

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004