Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, February 16, 2006

Real Skaters Don't Wear Sequins



The Slovakian hockey team is 2 - 0 in two days, beating Russian and Sweden. Bet you didn't know Cowboy Blob was part Slovak, did you? My paternal line goes all the way back to the Olde Country, where my great-grandparents left the really messed up country called Austria-Hungary and settled in the hills of Pennsylvania. I didn't have much interest in the land of my ancestors during the Cold War, but after its amiable divorce for the Czech Republic, I'm starting to be more curious about the land and people. Do they have any cute figure skaters? I'll see. They have great hockey players, though.

Graphic hoarked from Wyatt, a fellow Slovak, who hoarked it from the real Slovaks.

4 Comments:

  • At 11:04 PM, Blogger catfish said…

    ain't that the truth! Watching the men's skating long programs tonight all I can think of is that the skaters all seem like they're trying to outdo each other in their, ummmmm, femininity....

     
  • At 9:10 AM, Blogger Countertop said…

    I spent 6 weeks in both the Czeck Republic and in Slovakia over the summer of 1994 (can't believe it was that long ago). What a gorgeous country. Was traveling with a finish girl I picked up in Amsterdam but parted ways with her in Prague when I decided to attach myself to the most lovely girl my eyes had ever seen. She was from Bratislava and I spent the next two weeks running after her tail she showed me all the sights in Slovakia.

    Of course, the best part of the story is after me and Ms. Slovak went our seperate ways, I ran into Ms. Finland again and we continued on our merry journey :)

     
  • At 9:21 PM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    Happy to help with the flag - "borrowed" from the Embassy - especially for a fellow countryman.

    BTW, Slovakia is still undefeated!

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    A-yup! I've been watching! Sure beats Men's Curling!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004