Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Not Desparate

Stopped by the Gun Show today at the Expo Center. Lots of tables, mostly full of junk or stuff that doesn't capture my interest. A local tactical shop had an AR configured like Kevin Baker's (EOTech Holosight in front of a flip-down rear sight). Drooool. The DPMS dealer had stripped AR receivers for $110...3/$300. Maybe some day. Saw lots of interesting buttstocks for ARs; I've no immediate plans for replacing the ACE stock on the 9AR, but the extra weight of some of the collapsible ones might help soak up some of that jumpy recoil. Would a muzzle brake help?

My favorite cowboy-gun dealer was absent, which is a good thing. He has some nice Ubertis that tempt me sorely to dig out my credit card.

All the nice stuff there was academic, because I wasn't planning on spending any money, unless it came from the sale of my Para-Ordnance P13-45. I was in no danger of going home unarmed. I had it priced for folks on my side of the table. When I turned down a dealer's offer of $400, he replied, "Hey, I'm looking for someone desparate." As I was leaving, a guy in the parking lot asked for a look, but asked that I come back tomorrow, because his wife had cleaned him out of cash. I suspect he was a dealer counting on me being desparate enough to come back with the price discounted. I'm not gonna miss any more hot girl-on-girl Olympic curling action for that.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Just bought a big box of .45ACP's....Not much got me going either. I saw the DPMS stuff as well.

     
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was there also...lots and lots of overpriced junk; the AR shop with the lowers was way high on assembled AR's; SKS's for $189 (!!!), very few AK's. I did buy some ammo and a couple mags, but mostly just wandered around.

     
  • At 1:25 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I don't mind paying that much for an SKS if it's in the condition mine was in, but they had beat up pieces of Chinese crap that still had grease on them!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004