Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Torn Loyalties

As much as I'm traditionally a National Football Conference fan, I don't see any NFC team winning Super Bowl XL. Although I would like to see Peyton Manning bring the Colts to the Big Game, I can't see them parting the Steel Curtain to make it there. And now that Elway's gone, I can at last root for the Broncos! (Eli Manning is the new Elway.) I need Jake Plummer to have a Hall of Fame career to drive up the value of the autographed rookie card I own (part of my prize table winnings at last year's Superstition 3-Gun)...heh heh.

I see a Steelers/Panthers Superbowl, with Big Ben bringing the Shiny Silver Football back to the Steel City.

I write this as Peyton brashly waves off the oncoming punt team at 4th and 2, then engineers a touchdown drive. Go, Peyton! May the best team win.

Update! Holy Cow! Whowudda thunk Vanderjagtthemostaccuratekickerinfootball wudda missed the game-tying FG?

3 Comments:

  • At 4:08 PM, Blogger catfish said…

    now down by 3 with 2 1/2 minutes to go. looks like we're in for an awesome finish!

     
  • At 5:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You so rock! You don't like Mr. Ed, either.

    Sigh. You are just soooooooo Da Man!

    Okay, done flirting for the day. Must. Contain. Self.

     
  • At 2:55 AM, Blogger Josh said…

    No love for the Seahawks™.... *sigh*

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004