Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Mi llama Manuel...Manuel Labor

Got a barn full of tractors, all either inop or drained for the winter. Couldn't get the lawn tractor started, even though I watched my brother drive it earlier in the week. Finally, the roto-tiller wouldn't start; neither of us recall it in action since we were both primary schoolers in Tennessee, but Mom assures us Dad had used it in the last few years. There was oil in the crankcase, so I splashed some gas in it and pulled the handle for all I was worth. Naturally, it didn't start. Sure, I could have rented one, but I'm too stubborn (and cheap). I tossed a shovel and pick into the wheelbarrow and got to work. After a few hours of healthy excercise, I'd cleared the sod off a ten-foot long, 41-inch wide, strip of lawn and discovered the arthritis in my left hand is almost as bad in the wrist as in the thumb. My right knee doesn't like to hold my weight at certain angles. Got lotsa rain last night and more today; giving me time to heal. And perhaps my brother can show me how to start the lawn tractor tonight. Tomorrow is supposed to be nice, weatherwise. Wish me luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004