Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, August 19, 2005

What's with Curry?


I love curry, but only made it once with a packet my cousin the Nippophile sent me. Last week I found some in the commissary and decided to try a few recipes. I was looking forward to the "Hot" variety, since the stuff I made before was kind of tame. Plus, since I'm projectile sweating all day, why not give the ol' pores a workout?

Color me disappointed.

Oh, it's tasty! But what about "Hot?" Doesn't that imply some flavorful stimulation resembling heat? Has kimchi and picante sauce deadened my taste buds forever? Or is "Hot" Japanese for something else? What say you S&B Golden Curry?

3 Comments:

  • At 12:26 AM, Blogger Zendo Deb said…

    Keep looking and remember that most cultures see Americans coming and believe Hot (in American) = Mild or maybe Medium.

    When you find the real thing it will be HOT! (THat's what the lasi - traditional Indian yogurt drink - is for, putting out the fire.)

     
  • At 11:36 AM, Blogger Lometa said…

    You may want to buy some powdered curry and add it to taste. Sometimes I'll add up to a teaspoon to get it to my liking.

     
  • At 10:05 PM, Blogger Michael Hawn said…

    Curry is good but it is not what makes it hot. you need chili power and red pepper to make if really flavorful, Kimchi never hurt my taste buds and I ate a lot in self defense, mind you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004