Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, August 29, 2005

Varmints

If you think your raccoon problem is bad, think on a Namibian farmer's baboon dilemma. My pen pal said that his friend's dog had been severely bitten by one 3 weeks earlier. Look at those teeth! I'm sure that farmer would rather have rats and raccoons!

Heh. Funny how a post named "Varmints" would be the target of 10 Comment SPAM attempts in the past hour. I had no trouble deleting them, you morons!

3 Comments:

  • At 9:32 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    Jesus H. Cripes! Would you look at that thing???

     
  • At 3:12 PM, Blogger El Capitan said…

    In one of Peter Hathaway Capstick's African safari books, he tells a great story about ambushing a group of maurauding baboons.

    You can't carry a rifle in plain view, 'cause the baboons know what a rifle can do, and will scamper off before you can pot more than one or two of them.

    Capstick's solution? Sneak up on the baboons, and once you're in range, pull a MAC-10 out from under your bush jacket and hose 'em down.

    Naturally, being a Baboon Pirate, I'm not in favor of this approach!

     
  • At 2:49 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    Few years ago a hunting/fishing store here had a bunch of different people's trophies on display. One line of displays was skulls. In the middle was one I thought was a small lion, then I read the tag: baboon. I'd read Capstick's comments on baboons before, but that really brought it home. Big damn fangs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004