Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Three-Nap Wednesday

Note to self: when selecting a book to help you fall asleep, pick a book on a dry subject. Definitely don't take out something from your favorite author that you haven't read for five to 10 years. I learned this last night when I went to bed, eyes tired from ferret allergies, but brain running too fast for sleep. I pulled out Seventh Son, by Orson Scott Card, and proceeded to read it from cover to cover. The sun was just coming up when I finished and reached for Red Prophet...fortunately, Book Two stepped away from the protagonist Alvin Maker's storyline and let my sleep-deprived brain run over the secondary story, finally winding down enough to let me sleep. For three hours. Then my eyes slammed open with full consciousness; no sleeping in for me, not with the weasels soon to be beating on the barrier.

Brought in the garbage can, and scoured some more weeds in the front yard. The back yard is still pretty muddy. Checked Email, read some blogs and comics. Read some Orson. Nap. Made a sandwich and surfed some more. Nap. Tomorrow, I'll work on reducing the fallen mesquite tree further...it's almost small enough that I can throw it into the truck and drive it out to the desert, but I'm tempted to just drag it into the back yard and use it piecemeal for barbequeing...that is, if someone doesn't steal it before then for just that purpose. The bottles of weed killer are still sitting on the barstool, laughing at me. If I turn up the Diamondbacks game, I can almost drown them out.

2 Comments:

  • At 7:12 PM, Blogger Barb said…

    I love reading his books - but you can't read just one!!! Ender's Game still tops my all time list.

     
  • At 1:34 PM, Blogger AnarchAngel said…

    I've had crystal city for a few months and just havent got around to reading it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004