Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Don't Hold it Sideways!

Chaos at Whiskey Tango Foxtrot describes his encounter with some of Tucson's (or South Tucson, perhaps) gangstas in a local gun shop.

I encountered some of Arizona's droopy-drawered sub-culture adherents at a Club match up at Ben Avery. They were just there watching the match and one standing next to me, I suddenly noticed, wasn't wearing eye protection. Almost immediately, he slapped his hand to his cheek while someone was running through a steel stage. When he pulled it away, there was a tiny cut on his cheek.

"That's why you're supposed to wear eye protection!" I said loud enough to penetrate his foamies and his thick skull.

"It didn't hit me in the eye," he replied, kinda defiantly. (Wait three seconds.) "Oh."

He left.

Maybe there's hope for him on more than one level.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    That my friend, is a good story. I've been out at Redington and experienced some of their higher intelligence.

    "Why won't this bullet fit in my glock?"

    I chuckled as I watched him try to load 9mm into a .45 mag.

    The gun was a HK USP too. Amazing how if you're a 'G' all guns are Glocks.

     
  • At 9:29 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Next time you're stuck for subject matter, how about some tips about "trip to the range equipment"?

    What constitutes good eye wear? Z89 workplace specs?

    What is needed for a spotting scope? Power? Make?

    What about comfort items; jacket/vest, prone mat, etc.

     
  • At 10:07 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Homebru,
    I can hardly claim to be an expert on range accessories since most of my stuff is improvised. Hmmm...that's an angle.

    I don't do much long-range fancy rifle work, so I don't know anything about shooting jackets or mats, though my friend picked up a nice Dillon mat as a prize. Thanks for the ideas!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004