Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Euroweenie, You're a Weenie

Sorry for wasting your time reading "Happy Eurocentric Imperialism Day." To make up for it, read Varifrank, whose "The Secret Weapon" illustrates why Europeans who snear at "ignorant Americans" are hypocrites. Well, Varifrank is much more nice about it than I am, but he (?) has to live and work among them. A taste:
I recently had someone get "red faced furious" at President Bush and his not igning the Kyoto Treaty. When I explained that President Bush could sign on tommorrow and nothing would change, as the Senate is unlikely to ratify the treaty in any form, no matter how its presented. The Senate had already voted down the treaty 98-0 once before. This person simply didn't believe me, I then asked them why then didn't President Clinton sign on to Kyoto if it were so easy? He of course, didnt have an answer. He has always been told it was Only Bush that was stopping it. When I told him that it was actually American voters who had largely stopped Kyoto, he simply could not understand how it was so, and yet, it clearly was.

It seems that lots of Euros are "redfaced furious" with our President specifically or us in general. I wonder if any are redfaced in embarassment over their governments' support for a dictator who slaughtered innocent men, women, and children.
h/t to Trying to Grok

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004