Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, May 31, 2008

Gun Show

Went to the Gun Show at the Tucson Expo this afternoon (missing the end of the Arizona game, dammit). At first glance, I thought this might be one of the rare good Expo shows; it looked so promising until I saw the expanse of dreck beyond the midway bottleneck. Just mostly junk back there.

I brought the Para P-13 along, priced as normal; dealers turn up their nose at it, but someone who wants to own a P-13 would see a good deal. My only agenda was to get my AK ACTS-competitive; I'd need a retention sling and a few more mags. Only saw one over-priced sling. The biggest mag dealer had a big stack of .223 AK mags -- tempting, but I can wait until the Para unlocks some cash. I have a few other rifles that can burn through the .223.

At the Rock River table, I saw my ideal next upper, a flattop, flat front, Hogue-fore-ended dealie that I'd pick up if it turned out that my Simmons scope can't handle the concussion generated by the muzzle brake of my POF upper. It's got a Vortex flash-hider, so it's ACTS-legal.

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 5:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    I was a P-13! hahaha :P Well atleast i didnt go. i was thinking about it lol.

     
  • At 6:04 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    You were a P-13? Or you want a P-13?

    You've got 1st dibs on it, but someone has given me a offer, once he gets the money together. Guess you got a few months to decide.

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger Unknown said…

    okie day lol. that works :P and it was an I want moment :P And I finally took the time to go and get a DL lol... Arizona beware! insurance rises statewide! lol.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004