Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

Howdy!

Saturday, I dug up some of the sidewalk pavers to raise/level them so they wouldn't pool water at the bottom of the side porch steps. It rained later...and water still pooled there. At least the chipmunks are happy with the sidewalk. This one has a Republican Guard bunker outside Mom's front door.













Saturday night's rain slapped the humidity down nicely for a party at Mom's...did I mention Mom doesn't have central a/c? It's hard to imagine living without it, then I remember growing up without it, then living constantly in front of the fan in my off-base apartment during the Korean summer 'soons.

Labels:

4 Comments:

  • At 10:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I've never had central A/C. I've been thinking I should make it a requirement for the house I buy when I retire. You make it sound like that's a good idea?

    Bob Hawkins

     
  • At 11:23 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    After living in Tucson for the last thirteen years, I cannot fathom living without AC. It always surprises me when a heatwave hits somewhere else in the country and I hear the denizens moaning about how miserable it is to endure without AC. (Hnrh? Why no AC??)

     
  • At 9:27 PM, Blogger LBJ said…

    My Dad's a retired WWII vet. he has enough money in the bank to buy another whole house if he wanted. But he won't put central AC in his house, because by darn he didn't have AC growing up and he's not going to spend the money now on ac. Granted it's the coast in Oregon, but they do have an increasing number of 90 plus days out there.

    I've given up talking to him about it. Though my bro and I snuck a nice window unit in their bedroom and family room on the sly. . and I KNOW they use it.

     
  • At 1:13 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    This house is the first place I've lived that had central; damn, it's nice!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004