Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

I Don't Mean "Rusted Shut" Either

Ya know, I used to have a mind like a steel trap; through high school, you could name one historical fact and I could cite in what grade I first learned it. In the Air Force, I never developed an admirable file system because I always knew (generally) where I'd put everything. Seems those days are over. Now I can't remember where I stuck my Walther PPKS! I dug around in the safe looking for it last week so I could have a pocket carry piece for some errands I was running downtown, and I drew a blank. Since the box is missing also, I figure I'd taken it out for the Gun and Knife Show posts I'd done a few months ago and never returned it. All the more incentive to do some housecleaning and junk organizing!

Update: Must be weak eyes or a weaker mind, because I've fallen for the Jedi Mind Trick. "This is not the Gun Box you are looking for!" It was in the safe all the time, looking like a Glock box in a poorly lit corner of the safe.

3 Comments:

  • At 10:07 AM, Blogger blogagog said…

    I apologize for stealing your Walther PPKS.

     
  • At 1:42 PM, Blogger El Capitan said…

    Look in the bag you usually take on commercial airplane trips. That's where those missing pistols usually turn up.

     
  • At 10:56 PM, Blogger Ride Fast said…

    Cars (more than one).
    Myself (woke up and didn't know where I was).
    The owner of a car (realized while driving somebodies car they weren't with us and I didn't who they were).
    And more I can't remember, I lost those thoughts.
    I've misplaced many things but I never a shootin' iron.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004