Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, April 18, 2006

BAG Day 2006 Roundup

BAG Day is Aaron's baby, but his site is down after getting hacked by ragtards...so without his master list of participants, I went down my Blogroll and recorded the patriotic acquisitions of my BAG Day heroes:

Ninth Stage: His and Hers P22s.

Because I Say So: EBR (Eviiiiiiiiiil Black Rifle...Ar-15-type)

Carnaby Fudge: A Springfield 1911 and a Savage 110GXP3 package.

Fugger Nutter: Kel-Tec P-3AT

Mostly Cajun: Ross M-10 .303 British

Desert Cat: Hers: Bersa Thunder .380 and His: ????

Les Jones: Lee-Enfield No. 5 Jungle Carbine

Heartless Libertarian: 1944 Remington-Rand 1911A1

Anthroblogogy: '43 National Postal Meter M-1 Carbine

Mr Completely: High Standard .22 pistol

Baboon Pirates: Pimped his K-31.

Countertop also got a K-31, but might get an AR lower once Uncle Sugar frees up his hard-earned money.

A Twofer at The Ten Ring: a Nambu and a Coach Gun.

Toys in the Attic: Yugo SKS and Miroku .38 Oops! No! It's a SIG-229!

The Smallest Minority: Winchester 94 in .45 LC

Wasted Electrons: Kel-Tec carbine

Xavier Thoughts: Heck, he buys a gun every other week. This week, it's a Colt Diamondback.

Traction Control: Thompson M1SB

View from the Porch: S&W .32 double action.

Say Uncle: 9-mm AR

Alphecca scored a Marlin 336...we want a blog post, Jeff!

Head got...Surprise, Surprise! A Moisin-Nagant Dragoon!

Readers:
HotRodA at Alaskan Hot Rods got a Taurus M62R-SS .22 LR pump action rifle.
Joe Goodwin got a Taurus PT99 for his wife and bought back his custom Ruger Mark II.
Chu: EBR
Sigivald: 1943 M-38 Nagant
Scoobydaddy: WWI 1911 reproduction
DJ: Bersa Thunder .380
Aughtsix: Two vz24 Mausers in .30-06
Boyd went shopping for a .22 but came home with a 229...a SIG P-229 in .40 S&W.
Jack got a Springfield XD Sub-compact in .40 S&W.

If I missed your post and you want to be included, leave a link in Comments and I'll add you.

21 Comments:

  • At 1:28 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    I bought mine a month early, but a 94 Winchester in .45 Colt

     
  • At 1:41 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Dude, I gotcha already!

     
  • At 1:47 PM, Blogger Kevin said…

    D'OH! (Must work on reading comprehension. Must work on reading comprehension. Must work on...)

     
  • At 3:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    USCitizen (at Traction Control ) bought a Thompson M1SB.

    Happy BAG day!

     
  • At 5:23 PM, Blogger Ben said…

    Taurus M62R-SS .22 LR pump action rifle. Got it yesterday. Modernized safeties on a Stainless Steel copy of the Winchester. Nice finish on inexpensive gun. Shoots nice.

     
  • At 8:03 PM, Blogger Ben said…

    Check out a pic of the Model 62 on my site. Thanks Cowboy Blob.

     
  • At 8:36 PM, Blogger Ben said…

    Sorry. The link is http://alaskanhotrods.blogger.com

     
  • At 11:40 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Kimber Pro Carry II, when I can scrape up the bucks. Not this month though. I suppose that won't count as a BAG day purchase, but at least Daisycat's will.

     
  • At 2:09 AM, Blogger Goldwater's Ghost said…

    '44 Remington Rand M1911A1

    http://heartlesslibertarian.blogspot.com/2006_04_16_heartlesslibertarian_archive.html#114516766603279877

    Still waiting on the lower receiver for the 9mm AR.

     
  • At 5:59 PM, Blogger carnaby said…

    For the life of me I can't figure out the "gun-coate" and "trigger job" thing???

     
  • At 10:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    BAG purchaser chiming in! We bought two this year. My wife claimed a Taurus PT99, and I bought back a Ruger MkII custom job that I'd sold off a few years ago. Details at http://www.pootv.com/archives/246.

     
  • At 1:46 AM, Blogger ZaijiaN said…

    Got mine last week, AR-15 Carbine!

     
  • At 10:55 AM, Blogger Tam said…

    Picked up a S&W .32 Double Action.

    Cute as a button.

     
  • At 1:55 PM, Blogger NotClauswitz said…

    '43 National Postal Meter - The Postman Always Rings Twice!!

     
  • At 6:51 PM, Blogger Sigivald said…

    I don't have a blog (reading and commenting are enough work, thanks), but I bought a 1943 M-38 Nagant.

     
  • At 3:36 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was looking into a CZ 75 compact but decided on a Bersa Thunder 380 for a bag day purchase.

     
  • At 10:12 AM, Blogger aughtSix said…

    Bought a pair of vz24 mausers in .30-06. The store had a deal, buy two or more used rifles, get 25% off the total cost. So, basically, buy one, get one half off. So, I bought two beautiful sporters for under $400 total; bubba never touched these. Took them out to the range on Saturday, and I'm quite pleased. I might end up selling one of them off at some point, but I don't see anything wrong with either. (Other than the stock triggers)

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Colt WW1 1911 (n0t 1911a1) reproduction with miniscule sights and NO STINKIN HAMMER DROP SAFETY JUNK.

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Blogger Boyd said…

    I followed Jeff's link here from Alphecca, and thought I'd join in the reportage.

    I went to my friendly neighborhood gun shop on Saturday, intent on buying a .22 pistol so I'd have something "cute" that kids / chicks could shoot. As I was walking to the counter, though, I noticed that they were offering Crimson Trace Laser Grips for 20% off.

    Needless to say, I don't yet own a .22, but I've got a new plaything on my Sig P229/.40 now.

     
  • At 5:04 PM, Blogger JackOfClubs said…

    Sorry I'm so late on this, but I wanted to chime in. I got a .40 S&W Springfield Armory XD, sub-compact. Actually bought it on the 4th so that I could pick it up on the proper day (thanks to California's 10-day waiting period).

     
  • At 7:00 PM, Blogger Boyd said…

    Sorry I was vague, but I already had the P229. I bought the Laser Grips for it on BAG Day.

    I apologize for the confusion.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004