Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, March 27, 2006

How My Brain Cells Died This Weekend

A dozen years or so ago, a friend got me a beermaking kit for Christmas. It sounded like a great idea until I read the directions, "Start with a clean...." That kit sat on my shelf for several years, until it started swelling in the box.

Jon has the meticulous temperament ("anal" in a good way) necessary for good beermaking, and boy, is he good!

So was the Robust Porter!

Ever mindful of the benefits of sharing her life with a good brewmeister, Jon's wife Kirsten has been very supportive of his hobby. I think much of this equipment has appeared under the Christmas Tree over the years.






And dig the cool keg fridge! It's the legendary type that used to lure children to a horrible death by suffocation! Oh, the 50s and 60s were an exciting time to be a kid! It hasn't worked on any of the neighbor kids yet, only because Jon doesn't leave his garage door open for long. I bet a trail of Twinkies leading to the fridge would trick a yard ape or two....

Anyway, much porter-fueled geekiness went on this weekend.

1 Comments:

  • At 1:41 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    porter is your friend.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004