Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

There's a Punk in your Armor

Vile Bill posts some great pics from his tour of the Aberdeen Proving Grounds. That brought back some high school memories! I had a great class, Man and War, taught by a very animated military history buff (thank you, Mr. Frakes!). Our class trips to West Point and the APG were highlights of my teenage years.

I still have pics of classmates climbing all over the tanks and my friends and I having a picnic lunch inside a self-propelled gun. I don't think we were supposed to be doing that, but kids will be kids.

Update: Well, I just did a quick Google on Mr. Frakes and learned that he's been teaching up in Gilbert AZ...how did I know it was him? I found a few references to historical model dioramas that were the trademark of his tenure at my high school. I wonder if he's still around....

1 Comments:

  • At 12:36 AM, Blogger VileBill said…

    Thanks for the great comment and mention on your own site! I'm flattered! I particularly liked the "picnic lunch" anecdote!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004