Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, February 23, 2006

AK Gun Pr0n

Lenny and Squiggy decided to help me arrange a shot, but unfortunately insisted on being in it.





Yes, I do own an AK, but it's not your father's or even Head's typical AK-47...it's a Norinco 64S chambered in 5.56-mm(that's the American .223 cartridge, not the Russian). That's right, a Chink Poodleshooter. I'm not proud...I aim to own a real 7.62x39 AK before the year is out, but for now you get to bask in the beauty of this little bullet hose. I bought it during my West Texas Gun-a-Month period. I've rung it out at the range several times (and learned not to worry about reloading .223 for it...it literally crushes brass as it ejects them), but it did have a practical use. Before my friend Jon shipped out for Gulf War II, he borrowed it for a Cactus Match for one expressed purpose. As an EC-130 aircrewman, he would be issued a Beretta M-9 pistol...and as a rifle enthusiast like myself, resolved that if he would ever come down in enemy territory, he'd use his pistol to obtain an AK and fight on using that. Thankfully, that need never came to pass.

I've only ever brought it out to the carbine matches once, just for style points, but I was trumped by another shooter with a folding stock AK. Drat! I don't think I've seen him since, at least, not with an AK.

4 Comments:

  • At 9:35 AM, Blogger Porta's Cat said…

    Those Chicom 5.56's are sweet. The only one I have seen in person was dressed completely in black.

    Hold onto that baby.

     
  • At 3:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Is that a cat or an otter checking it out in the first pic? ;)

     
  • At 11:56 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Ferrets!

     
  • At 10:55 PM, Blogger Firehand said…

    At least you've got lots of cheap ammo available for it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004