Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Saturday, December 10, 2005

Merry Christmas, to Me, A Contest For You

This morning I went to the last Tucson Gun Show of the year out at the Fairgrounds and I had some cash (emergency moolah for the trip) burning a hole in my pocket. I should have put it all back in the bank to plop into my IRA at year's end, but I peeled off some fifties just in case I encountered something I really wanted. If you can guess what I bought, you win a Blog Ad on my sidebar for a month. Leave your guesses in comments...you get only two guesses ever, so don't waste them all at once. Name the make, model, and caliber. If nobody's guessed it by Christmas, shame on you all!




Hints:

1. I paid $385 for a new firearm, tax included.
2. It's in a caliber I already own.
3. I have at least one firearm of this make, but not this model.
Update: 4. I went back to the show today to see if I could find one exactly like it. Chaos, you may have one more guess.

By the way, here's the URL for the gun anime source page.

6 Comments:

  • At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well well.. I want to win this but I have no idea... let's see..

    385, you already have one in this caliber, and have one of this make but not the same model. I'm going out on a limb here as I don't know much about what you currently own.. I'll guess based on price and common calibers and things I think I may have seen that you own.

    My first guess is... a Springfield USGI 1911.

    Second: oh hell.. I'm just going to throw something out there? How about a used Mossy 590?

     
  • At 3:34 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    SIG Mosquito?

     
  • At 3:13 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I had a hard enough time coming up with 2 guesses.. hold tight.. let me think.. I'll come back to this comment window in an hour or so..

    I just realized that said NEW firearm.. hrmm.. I'll get back to you later

     
  • At 1:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Sig 226 9mm?

     
  • At 3:21 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    An Uberti 1890 Police in .357

    Of course, I think I'm being misled by all the CAS guns you just posted.

     
  • At 3:25 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I saw sig 226s in some catalogue.. CDNN I think for like $389. That's how I came up with that guess.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004