Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, July 17, 2005

Something Different on the Stove



On my latest trip to the commissary, I resolved to add a little more variety to my diet. I usually get sandwich stuff and burrito-sized tortillas, frozen boneless chicken, sandwich meat, cheese, a bunch of canned vegetables, and maybe a frozen pizza or two.

My friend Jon and his wife are a good influence on my cooking, and even though squash stir-fry hasn't caught on at the Cowboy Blob hacienda, I kept some notes on good stuff to try myself. Tonight, I tried Jambalaya. Me being me, I used minced clams as the seafood component, and in another rebel move, I added a green pepper for color (Jon is wretching now, I'm sure). It kicked ass! The clams are so jamabalaya-colored that they just blended in, a surprise in every bite. I don't have a picture of the finished product, because I couldn't dive into it fast enough.

Next week: Couscous.

3 Comments:

  • At 6:11 AM, Blogger AlanDP said…

    Jambalaya can also benefit from a generous helping of jalapenos.

     
  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger Buckaroo Banzai said…

    Great stuff, but did you take a huge whiff and yell, "Jambalaya" a la Newman from Seinfeld?

     
  • At 12:51 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Nope...can't say I've seen that episode. Or any other, for that matter.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004