Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Monday Furniture



Rock Island Arsenal 1903 Springfield, built in 1918. There's a fix on the stock forward of the bolt handle that I suspect may have accomodated a Pederson Devicehas no explanation. The receiver is not cut for the Pederson Device. The bayonet is also RIA 1918-made and came in a bakelite scabbard. I hear the original WWI long-ass bayonets are now worth more than I paid for the rifle. Guess I better keep it in the safe too.

Update: here's a jpg of the Pederson Device, so I have no clue why the stock fix is where it is.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    NICE RIFLE!

    Always a bit amazing to hold a piece of history like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004