Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Keepers of the Mojo


You may have noticed I've finally put a graphic in my profile. This isn't something I just whipped up; it's actually four years old. The original Hagar the Horrible comic panel and the Chinese characters were my entry for Able Flight's new challenge coin design contest. Here's the story:

A junior officer had embarassed our squadron commander with the Base Brass during a major exercise. "We've lost our Mojo," he was known to have lamented. One evening a week later, our flight, and my crew, scored a major intel find that had the Brass coming in to look over our shoulders. Our commander happily notified us, "You got our Mojo back!" At that point, Able Flight became Keepers of the Mojo. The Hagar comic had been published recently and I thought it would look good on our coin we were trying to design. The characters pronounced in Korean are "mo" meaning "mother" (notice the nipples?) and "cho" (pronounced like "jo") for "morning," the same cho in "Chosun" which means "Morning Calm" and is another word for "Korea." I don't think it ever made it onto a coin, but I used the graphic on the title screen when showing slideshows at Flight gatherings (yeah, I was the Flight Camera Geek). I added the sombrero for Able Flight's Cinco de Mayo celebration at the lounge.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:17 PM, Blogger American Warmonger said…

    Funny. I always remembered Korea as land of the morning kimchee?...or was that hangover?

    Cool pic. So did austin powers win out for the back of the coin?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004