Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, October 10, 2004

Tried to Grok

After I quit my job, I had to reassemble my favorite blogs list from memory (I quit because work was interfering with my blog reading). One I just rediscovered today is Trying to Grok, a Munuvian blog by a lady whose hubby is deployed to the sharp end, I think. She's another faithful reader of the Mudville Gazette and her posting about a comment had me laughing out loud:

Oh, crap. I'm still not used to the Gazette's new format with ten billion authors. My deepest apologies to John of Argghhh! for misatributing his work. In fact, I agree with John, since he was the one who wrote this post. I also loved Grim's anecdote in the comments section:

So I showed my wife this picture you lead off with tonight, hoping to teach her about the injustice you cite.
Pointing at the three guys sweeping the area with their rifles, I said, "Dear, do these look like infantry or cavalry to you?"
"Cavalry," she said.
"Really?" I asked. "What makes you say that?"
"Well, look how short they are!" she answered.

I've got a lot of catching up to do.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:17 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I just love that anecdote. I've read it probably ten times now, and it still makes me giggle!

    Sarah
    tryingtogrok.com

     
  • At 2:49 AM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    That, and I shot rings around the "combat arms" guys during qualification and competition when I was in the service. Being 5'7", I empathize with the short comment. In another era, I would have been a ball turret gunner...or an intel clerk, depending on how my skills might have been recognized.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004