Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Fat Guy Comes In Second

In Carbine, that is.

The Cactus Match used some old stages because I was too swamped with Farmville Cafe World Castle Age Film School homework to send in new ones in time. I still managed to come home with a nice Annual Service Award plaque for my 2009 stage design work, except I didn't come home with it because a classmate called me up during my pre-return trip nap and asked me to come back early and pick up some make-up shots for his movie. Duty called.

Back to the match. It was time to make a break from last year's Tactical Scope to prepare for Heavy Metal/Pump next year. To make that leap economically, I resolved to stay with the Glock 19 throughout the summer but pick up the Remmie 870 immediately. Since Cactus League doesn't exceed 100 yards, I could comfortably shoot any .223 carbine until later in the year Rio Salado or Phoenix R&GC serious matches.
Here's my buddies before they came crawling to me for guns that work.

For full disclosure, my Remmie 870 locked closed on me, so I had to bang-rack it on the ground to finish the stage. It worked great for Bob, who used my 870 afterwards and won the shotgun stages between us. Anyone know how to remedy that problem?

Jon's lightweight carbine would quit before he's done... you're welcome, Jon.
And here's the good stuff.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

  • At 8:32 AM, Anonymous Jon said…

    If going to a gunfight or shooting match...

    1) Bring a long gun
    2) Bring a friend with a long gun

    Thanks Cowboy Blob!

     
  • At 5:07 PM, Blogger Matt said…

    For the shotgun problem, try threatening to sell it on GunBroker. It will either freeze up on you completely or work perfectly.

     
  • At 5:12 AM, Blogger Skip said…

    Huh...clean and oil?
    I dunno I've never had that in prolly 10,000 rounds even after fishin' out of a lake.
    YMMV

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004