Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Erfworld

Oh, great, another day killed clicking through another web comic archive. Erfworld is on the same comic server as Order of the Stick, but instead of the role-playing genre, it spoofs turn-based fantasy board games. I never got into these, since I preferred Dauntless and Squad Leader (not nearly as much the former), both Avalon Hill games that have long since been shelved in favor of Il-2 Sturmovik and Steel Panthers. I've played a few computer examples of the fantasy war genre, but give me a Finnish ski squad over gaggle of Dwarvish ax-men any day.

This is a good synopsis of the comic, being a tad spoilerish for those starting at the beginning, so don't enlarge and read if you want to be surprised from the beginning:

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 10:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What version of IL-2 do you play? I've been brushing up my rusty A-20 skills in IL-2 1946, we should play an online game sometime.

     
  • At 11:38 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    The OFFLINE version (I'm on dial-up).

    :)

    Actually, for some reason, I don't have the basic Il-2 game installed right now; just Pacific Fighters + Ace Expansion Pack. I'm partial to the Mustang and Lightning.

    On the original game, I love the Il-2T (torpedo) and the Yak-3.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004