Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, April 13, 2008

Globs o' Korean Goodness

Screw kimchi. Ladies and Gents, I give to you Korea's greatest contribution to World Cuisine: Kochujang. This snappy red pepper paste (or the powder form), some garlic, and a little sesame oil is what makes Korean food beat up Japanese food and take its lunch money. Spicy Sezhuan dishes have posters of Korean poggum dishes in their gym lockers.

Love me the hot stuff. Sriracha, chipotle, wasabi, jalapeno, ketchup (lil Pennsylvania Dutch humor there).

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 9:31 AM, Blogger BobG said…

    Good stuff as a change from Mexican salsa. And I am a big fan of kimchi also.

     
  • At 2:17 PM, Blogger Peripatetic Engineer said…

    Man, I love that stuff.

    If you go to Ulsan, there is a Mexican restaurant called "The Hole in the Wall". I ordered fajitas and then asked for kochujang. The cook came out of the kitchen and berated me for wanting to add it to her good Mexican cooking. ("What, my cooking not spicy enough?")

    I wish I could get another short job just to go through duty free and buy some.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004