Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Owie Update

Kinda convinced there's no break in the hand; there's been no swelling at all, not even discoloration. I took it out of the bandage/splint today; I can flex and extend the fingers just fine but it hurts when I try to touch my thumb and pinky finger together. So don't do that!

I'm almost disappointed, since this episode was typical for every other time I've broken a bone:

  1. Hand, broken in playground fight -- played a game of football afterwards.
  2. Ankle, broken stepping off a curb on the way home from track practice. Walked about 100 yards until Mom happened to drive by. Never Xrayed, it was treated as a sprain by the school trainer who was impressed with Mom's bandaging job. Ten years later, I'd turn the same ankle stepping off a bowling platform (I finished the game rather painfully); the Xray the next day detected the old break.
  3. Arm (radius), after I went over my bike handle bars -- I thought I'd sprained my wrist, since that's what hit the pavement. I biked halfway around Sahuaro National Park afterwards. Wrapped the hand and wrist, but I woke just before midnight with a swollen elbow.
What would a doctor have done, given a positive Xray? Splint it and give me painkillers? I doesn't hurt when I don't move it. I'll keep it immobilized for the rest of the week. I've got two weeks until the next match.

Labels:

2 Comments:

  • At 7:17 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    Fun stuff, breaks.

    i broke my foot while hiking (jumping in an arroyo near Show Low) and walked almost a mile home. Suffered more on crutches than on that short walk.

    Tequila helps.

     
  • At 6:29 PM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    And painkillers. The world gets kinda nice when you combine the two tho.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004