Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, October 25, 2007

Giddy Laughter Here

Something is muy gefukt in Der Blogosphere.

Via Rough Type, and some late night Sitemeter hits, I learn my if-not-humble-quaint blog is 55th on a list of 100 blogs on this criteria:

A recent Carnegie Mellon study used higher mathematics to answer the question: if you want to be informed about what the entire blogospohere is talking about, but you can only read 100 blogs (out of the millions available), which blogs should you read?

Holy Cow! Sure, they called me "Cowboy Blog," but I can forgive that. Check out the blogs above and below mine! Something's really wrong with their formula... but should I complain?

Labels:

3 Comments:

  • At 10:25 AM, Blogger Serr8d said…

    Great news! Well-deserved.

    Of course, I already knew that. In my year-and-a-half of blog reading yours has always found it's way into my "flavor of the month" RSS reader (I've pretty much settled on 21 true blogs currently in my Google Reader...)

    If you want to increase your page hits, go into your 'Site feed' settings and change the 'Allow Blog Feeds' from 'Full' to 'Short'. That'll force lazy people like me to actually click in, instead of relying on Google Reader (or whatever other feed reader one is using) that deprives you of a good 'click'. Everyone deserves a good 'click' now and again...

    I guess this means a 'tip jar' is in your future?

    ;D

     
  • At 10:02 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Thanks for the advice. Nope, no tip jar here. I'd get a job first.

     
  • At 1:07 AM, Blogger Desert Cat said…

    Well I'd say that's pretty decent compensation for being banned by Google.

    Besides the "big dogs" there's another name I recognize on that top 100, and that is Ellison's blog--one of the "Jawja blogger" crew.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004