Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Monday, February 05, 2007

They Work!

Thanks to Ed Cameron of Ed Cameron Custom Guns, my Balk-o-matic Uzi sub machine gun and Ye Old Luger of the Five Thousand Pound Trigger Pull are now Lean Mean Hole-punching Machines!

Ed is a genius with the 1911 platform. He's the one who got my Box o' Gun (shown below, holstered) working and does great work with Evil Black Rifles, but he readily admitted that he'd never none any Luger work. With the help of his son Ed Junior, he took on the stainless steel Stoeger American Eagle as a side project (like BOG, I'd had it for over a decade, so it wasn't going anywhere) and exorcised the demons that possessed it since it had left the factory (which went tango uniform right afterwards...I wonder why...).


Ed's engineering genius determined that my Uzi's barrel nut hadn't been locking down, so the loose barrel had been guilty of causing all my light primer hits. A new nut and custom-fit barrel later, and I'm one smilin' subgunner. I think Jon and I might wring it out at the May USPSA Match.


See that smile? I'm shooting a full-auto Uzi, I'm wearing a T-shirt, and it's FEBRUARY!! Life doesn't suck! [Knock on wood]



BTW, if you're a limp-wristed noob, don't try this yourself! We kept all rounds impacting into the range berm. We kept all giggling to a minimum until the magazine was safely empty.

4 Comments:

  • At 5:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    What's a fair price for an Uzi?

    Other than the $200 tax, are there any other hoops the feds make you jump thru to get one?

     
  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    Sorry, I have no real idea...bought mine about eight years ago, and the prices go nowhere but up.

    Assuming you can even get one in your state, you'll need a letter from your local sheriff or Chief of Police, a couple sets of fingerprints, and some passport type photos.

     
  • At 8:50 PM, Blogger catfish said…

    Full auto is fun!!

    Coolness.

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Blogger Ron said…

    I mentioned a way to get around needing the CLEO sign off in this post

    Of course it involves even more cost and paper work, but hey, you can own a machine gun. :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004