Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Fixations and Pipes

I guess if Linkin Park can throw together a Heavy Metal Screecher and Rapper, Evanescence can graft a nightclub singer into a rock band. But it just ain't right.

IMHO, Amy Lee is the hottest chick in pop culture today (look at those eyes!), but pardon me while I, Doctor Blob, suit up for Genre Reassignment Surgery. There's no way "pipes" like hers should be wasted in a rock band. It's like eating ice cream while getting a blow job; they're both great by themselves, but constitute a distraction in combination. Or so I imagine.

Here I must make a terrible confession: I like Barry Manilow, Whitney Houston, and *GASP!* Celine Dion. They can musically wail with great gusto...but what works in Vegas isn't hip or lucrative, so great, powerful voices like those of Christina Aguilera, Jessica Simpson, and Mariah Carey get railroaded into singing something catchy and hip-pop. Not so if I were King; I'd match Amy up with a big band and let her pound out some energetic ballads before she screws up her voice smoking crack or whatever rock stars indulge. Step away from the pipe, Whitney!


Mariah, remember "Vision of Love?" Can you do something like that again without calling every dog in Harlem? Thank you. You can blow me now. Right after I'm done with this ice cream.

It's good to be the King.

4 Comments:

  • At 6:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Get the flat-bottomed cones. They rest better on her head.

     
  • At 10:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Some hot chicks resist the pressure and sing what they want. Submitted for your approval, Corinne Drewery of Swing out Sister:

    http://tinyurl.com/fwg48

    And if you say "Who?", well that's the point, isn't it.

     
  • At 1:41 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I disagree about the female-voice-in-a-rock band thing, but that's probably because I've been listening to Lacuna Coil and Within Temptation for years.

     
  • At 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Amy Lee? Oh HELL yes!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004