Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Sunday, June 11, 2006

Extinct Lizard Gun Pr0n

It was a sad day when Billy Budd of American Dinosaur (dot mu dot nu) hung up his blogging spurs. A longtime collector of historical, frontier firearms, he finally stepped away from the wheelgun buffet and bought...whuh?...a pimp gun? (Just kidding) It's actually a Commemorative Edition Safari Arms MatchMaster .45--his first autoloader. I don't know what it commemorates (yet) but since Billy B. seems determined to do a Blogmeet/shoot, I just might find out.


I suggested we get together for July's 5th Sunday Pima Tactical 3-Gun Match, since my ordinary matches in PHX normally involve a 2+ hour drive and imposing on Jon for a snooze on his couch. I'm sure I can dig up a rifle and a shotgun for him....

2 Comments:

  • At 10:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Actually it is my second non-wheel gun piece, I purchased a Springfield 1911a1 Mil-spec last year. The Safari Arms is a 250th anniversay edition. It says Baltimore Maryland 250th, so you figure it out. What kind of rifles do you shoot?

     
  • At 12:40 PM, Blogger Cowboy Blob said…

    I stand corrected. Let my readers read comments!

    Ya got a choice of big AR, short AR, or bring your own. I still haven't detail cleaned the SOCOM-16 yet, so that's not in the rotation yet.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004