Cowboy Blob's Saloon and Shootin Gallery

I'm not a real Cowboy, but I play one in the movies.

Thursday, January 19, 2006

Pop-Pop-Pop!

So goes the sound effects on my Steel Panthers: World at War game whenever some GI HQ unit returns fire with their M1 Carbines. Denise at The Ten Ring brings her carbine out of the vault and posts a great article on the most-produced small arm in America's WWII arsenal.

I've got two M1's, both by Universal Sporting Goods (not GI spec); one with a polished bolt and richly grained furniture, the other parkerized, with a plain stock and GI sling (was the first rifle I ever bought...from a USAF tech school Combat Arms instructor). It's coming up on 20 years since I've last fired them. At first, I tried reloading for .30 Carbine, but somehow most of my rounds were out of spec. Now, if I ever run into a batch of inexpensive ammo, I might get a few hundred rounds to get acquainted with the fun little gun.

2 Comments:

  • At 9:50 AM, Blogger Porta's Cat said…

    at one time Sportsmans Guide was selling case lots of South Korean surplus .30 carbine (bandoliers and stripper clips) for next to nothing. I picked some up for myself and my M1 carbine. Might check them out...

     
  • At 3:38 PM, Blogger Josh said…

    I want one! I really do. This put me over the edge - I'm heading to gunbroker with credit card in hand...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home

 
Visits Since September 11, 2004